SIMMONS EDECO Delivers Christmas Hampers in Albania
12th Dec 2012
Following substantial financial contributions from both SIMMONS EDECO and Bankers Petroleum, several staff from both companies collaborated with local Albanian community leaders and social services staff to distribute food hampers to the needy people in communes in and around the Merinza field. In total the group distributed 120 hampers in mid December.
Each hamper, complete with a specially designed label, contained essential items such as flour, pasta, sugar, candles, matches, tinned products, soap and shampoo; and a few luxury items such as sweets, biscuits, soft drinks and washing powder.
The distribution exercise took nine hours and covered many miles. Those involved were pleased with the effort and moved by the response of families — many of whom were were in extreme need and in some cases overcome with emotion.
“It was a very long, tiring and emotional day,” says John Deakin, HSE Manager. “Witnessing the conditions in which some of the families found themselves was heart wrenching but their reaction to receiving the gift made it all worthwhile and it made us all realise how lucky we are!
- SIMMONS EDECO CELEBRATES 57th ANNIVERSARY WITH NEW BASE IN MEXICO
- Alexander Moya sits down with Mexico Oil & Gas Review
- SIMMONS EDECO SELLS EUROPEAN WELL INTEGRITY SERVICES DIVISION
- SIMMONS EDECO AWARDED CONTRACT BY TONALLI ENERGIA
- Optimizing Well Productivity: Horizontal Logs Unlock Critical Geologic Knowledge