Drilling and Workover
SIMMONS EDECO has been involved in deep drilling for oil, gas, gas storage, geothermal, coal and deep geoscientific investigations for half a century in various international markets.
We have been engaged in oil and gas exploration, appraisal and development well drilling, including deviated, high angle, long reach, horizontal, lateral and multi-lateral trajectories, underbalanced drilling and slim hole well profiles. Our typical depth capability with the current inventory is up to 4000 m although we have drilled up to 7000 m.
The drilling services we conduct include:
- Coal exploration boreholes including coring
- Coal bed methane development
- Low and high enthalpy geothermal wells
- Deep geoscientific drilling, coring and testing, (for radioactive waste disposal, for example)
- Development drilling including multiple well pad operations using innovative skidding systems for fast moves
- Gas and liquid storage well drilling for both aquifer and salt cavern storage
- Difficult rig moves covering a range of logistics scenarios and in all climates
- Project management of integrated contracts including the design of drilling programs
- Innovative contracting solutions for a wide variety of projects
- Extensive experience in operating in environmentally sensitive locations